Mailing Address

Elder Matthew David Clough
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036

Phone: 1-805-485-1034 (only necessary for packages)



Monday, February 3, 2014

Sometime's God takes his time, but occasionally...

This week has been pretty awesome!  We've had a lot of super great experiences, and most of all, the Lord has been REALLY going out of his way to keep us from dropping the ball on our assignments.  
 
That's happened twice this week: Elder Beus and I went on an exchange, and that night the Assistants called us to find out if we'd set up the church for the Sister's interviews the next morning.  We'd completely forgotten to do that!!!  So we high tailed it out to get it all set up, and things ran smooth as butter.  Then, a couple days ago, we were getting the Apartments inventory done, and Brother Redding called us to inform us that the Stake Missionary Coordination Meeting was taking place in two days.  I'd forgotten that it was a MONTHLY thing, not an end of the transfer thing, and we hadn't done the Stake report yet!!!  Thank heavens the Lord is patient with my weaknesses, but we'll definitely be more aware of what's going on from here on out.

Another cool piece of business:  Elder Beus went to Ogden High, and played football with the Berhgouts!!!  His mom was there at about the same time as Dad was, but I don't remember her name.

In other news, a family we met at the beginning of this transfer is doing super awesome!  We came back for a lesson on the Book of Mormon, and when we did, Nancy's (the wife) brother was there.  At first I was a little concerned, wondering if he'd be open or influence them for bad, but the moment he saw us he said, "Hey Elders!!!"  It turns out he's studied with missionaries in another city for quite some time, and loves us!  He testified over and over that we learn Spanish through the spirit, and that we carry the spirit with us, and how much he loves the Book of Mormon, and especially Nefi!  Nancy and Alejandro are really excited to learn more, they're a little hesitant because they've studied with other religions and always ran into something they didn't like (Like no Blood transfusions)  But they are excited to act and progress.  Whoo!!!

But the title of this e-mail is a reference to how fast the stake's fast for rain was answered.  They asked us to fast and pray for rain this past Sunday (There was no snowfall this winter, which is super bad news) and we've been praying with pretty much everyone we meet for rain.  The cool bit was that as soon as church was out, we walked past the doors and it was raining buckets!  (At least, itty bitty little California buckets; it wasn't anything like a good ol' Georgia storm!)  It was amazing to us; I know the storm had already been on it's way (there was like an 80% chance of rain that day)  but it was an answer nonetheless. "Just because you know how it works, doesn't mean it's not [a Miracle]"-Terry Pratchett

I haven't been able to get the eyes done, because Lenscrafters doesn't have any open times on Monday, and I don't know where to go. :/  Don't worry about the subway card, sorry it created a hassle!!  I love to cook anyways, time is usually the only problem, but I get by.

I don't know what to do about FAFSA or College or anything like that.  I know where I want to get to but I don't know where to start!!! X(  So I kinda haven't thought about it much.  I like the idea of picking up the french horn again to get me through; I figure I learned it for a reason!

I love you all, and hope everything is going well!  Keep up the good work and fight the good fight!

Love,

Elder Matthew David Clough