Mailing Address

Elder Matthew David Clough
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036

Phone: 1-805-485-1034 (only necessary for packages)



Monday, April 8, 2013

Roller-coaster ride of my life!

Hello all!
 
 
This week has been a bit crazy.  We've had a bunch of ups and a few downs, but largely the week has been pretty fantastic.  We've seen a number of miracles, and we've truly loved the work.
 
 
 
Conference was sweet!  Unfortunately we didn't have any investigators come, but I definately recieved a bunch of personal revelation.  I especially loved Elder Holland as usual, and all the rest were really good.  President Uchtdorf's last talk really gave me a huge boost.
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all, because the computers in Taft were out; so we had to drive out to Bakersfield and use the computers in the Apple center. (that's pretty cool though!)
  
 
So, in terms of the work this week, it's largely been same old same old, but some cool things definately happened.  During a lesson with Jerry, Elder Mortimer felt like we should be somewhere, so after we wrapped up, we sat down to figure out where.  So, we decided to go on over to Jasmin's house and check on them.  Oddly enough they weren't home, but as we sat back down in the car to talk about it, I realized I was staring at the Savea's old house, and that someone was living there!  So we decided to go see who it was and as we did a young woman pulled up.  As we got talking to her, we found out her name was Layla, and she was pretty friendly and willing to hear us a bit.  We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, and next thing you know, we got a text later that night from Samantha Morrow who is apparently a friend of hers, saying "Layla is coming to church next week with me."  Whoa!!!  We were super stoked to hear that!  I still don't know the rest of the story on this, but we'll see what happens.
 
 
Another cool thing is that this Thursday we're going to be speaking at Taft College about the Mormon religion along with other people from other faiths "for educational purposes."  SWEET!!  I'm super stoked to get up there with Elder Mortimer and throw down the restoration up there!  I hope we'll be lead to share the message the right way, and that many people's hearts will be touched. We've been instructed to bring our contact info and some other materials, so hopefully we'll be effective!
 
 
I love you all, and hope all is well!  Sorry I'm not writing well on this one, but I'm not used to all the chaos while I'm writing.

Love,
  
Elder Matthew David Clough