Mailing Address

Elder Matthew David Clough
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036

Phone: 1-805-485-1034 (only necessary for packages)



Monday, September 24, 2012

Third lap of the mile

That's what this week is. I just realized that we have three Sundays left here in the MTC. Que Loco! (It's crazy!) The district that left today is the last one that was here when we came: from now on, we're the Viejo's. (The old ones) The only ones in our zone that have been here longer than us are the two Hermanas(Sisters): Hermana Moeller and Hermana Spivey, and that's cause they had to stay an extra week for visitors center training. Which sounds absolutely mad, by the way. Hermana Spivey was telling us that visitor center missionaries cover all the same stuff we do, but they only have 5-10 minutes to do it. Good thing they're better at it than we are!

Some cool stuff happened this week: We attended the Brigham City temple dedication. It was really cool to sing The Spirit of God (Go Ensign Ward!) with all the missionaries. It was a beautiful temple, too. Elder Jenkins and I also did Sealings today, and that was quite incredible. I had a small insight into just how incredible it's going to be to get married for time and eternity someday. (In ten years or so) :) I'm not gonna lie, it was a bit rough to get the news on how some of my best friends are struggling. It helped me to see, in a small way, how my own family had to be feeling when I went through my own trouble last year. I'm absolutely, terribly sorry to have put you all through that. I know, however, that the Lord helped me back from myself, and that He will do the same for them. I don't know if any of them read this, but I want them to know that I know something similar to how they feel, and that the Lord knows EXACTLY how they feel. I know He will help each and every one of you. Don't make my mistake: Remember Who You Are!

Another thing we did lately was watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. That movie is incredible. Even if you're not LDS, I encourage you to watch this movie, and admire his sacrifice. I'm pretty sure I bawled for 25% of it, but that's all right. His life was definitely one of the most difficult, yet most powerful. During a meeting with the Branch President, we analyzed the reason we use his exact words when teaching about the first vision. He showed us how the words are very precisely chosen. He also helped us recognize common false doctrine concerning it. For example, Joseph didn't ask which church was true. He asked two questions: Which of all the Sects was right, and which he should join. It really helps show the honesty of his desire to know.

Sorry if I don't cover all the stuff y'all want to hear. I don't have a ton of time to write, and the weeks seem to blur together. That's why a lot of my e-mails are just a bunch of scrambled facts. I'm not really all that sure WHAT happened THIS week, I just know it was awesome. I'll try harder to answer more questions and tell more information as it goes on. In my defense, however, I have been keeping a daily journal, even if one or two entries are three sentences. :P

By the way, I saw Elder Jacob Cameron (Senor Taco!!!) and Elder Frank Owens. It's good to see people showing up and taking off. I'm really proud of their work.

I'll try to write letters more diligently. I'm not very good at it, but I can hardly expect letters if I don't write any. Can I get the address for the families we used to home teach? I feel bad about taking off without saying bye. Can I also get an address for Eric? His or his parents would do. I'd love to contact him and see how he's doing. Also; can I get the address for Zach and also Tyler? I've thought about them a lot, lately. One more: I want to write Petyr, but I don't have his address either. :P Sorry for the giant list! Also; if anyone could let me know how to contact Elder Snyder, Elder Seawell, Elder Guerra and Elder Martin, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've written the Girardin's once or twice, but I'd also like to contact a few of the old Ensign ward families (Snyders, Seawells, Dannemans, Meiers,etc) once or twice so if any of their addresses can be found, I'd be most grateful. Sorry again for the essay assignment! ^_^;

Also, I don't suppose you (Brittney) know what Stephen's been up to? Is he getting ready for a mission, or did I miss him?

One last thing: I'll be sending my camera card soon, e-mailing the pictures is just too much of a hastle. I'll include an explination, some of them are a bit... needing of one. :)

Take care, family and friends. I love you all, and hope you all are feeling joy!

Con amor,(With love)

Elder Clough