Mailing Address

Elder Matthew David Clough
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036

Phone: 1-805-485-1034 (only necessary for packages)



Monday, September 10, 2012

Mi Familia! (My Family) 10 Sep 2012

It's been another crazy week at La CCM! (MTC) I'm not really sure what I've already talked about, the weeks just kind of blur together.  It's good though, I can't believe we've been here this long. 

We've been really busy here.  It's a good thing too, because it keeps us focused (sorta) :P  We still get a little off topic, but a good hymn gets us back on track soon enough.  We've listened to a lot of really good lessons this week that really helped us figure out who we are and what we do.  We watched a stellar talk by Jeffrey R. Holland that he gave in the CCM (MTC) a few years back, that was about obedience and a line I really liked: "Don't you waste a single chance to be apostolic."  It really got me thinking about how we're supposed to teach.  We're not here to say; "Hey, uh, you know, I've got a message that you might kinda maybe wanna hear."  We're supposed to represent the Lord, Jesus Christ.  We're supposed to teach with power and authority the most important message anyone we meet will ever hear.  It's kind of mind-blowing.  Granted, over the past few weeks, my mind's been blown so many times I'm surprised I have one left. 

It was really great to be able to go to the temple again today.  We feel the spirit almost all day long here in the CCM (MTC), but it's still not the same.  I had some really great impressions today, that should help me to be a better missionary.  We're really kinda impatient to get out of here, even though we love every minute of it.  I really just want to start teaching real people who have no clue who they are. 

Thanks for the letters and support.  It really keeps us rolling.  Sorry I don't hand-write back very often. I don't have a whole lot of time for that, and I'm not very keen on it anyway.  I sent a few over the past week though.

Nos Vemos! (See you later!)

Elder Matthew D Clough