Mailing Address

Elder Matthew David Clough
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, California 93036

Phone: 1-805-485-1034 (only necessary for packages)



Monday, November 19, 2012

Transfer 1, week six! AH!

I can't believe we're winding down on the last of the transfer! This last week is probably my last with my awesome companion! He's been here in Taft for three transfers, and they usually pull him after that. Also, since I'm in training, the standard procedure is to spend one transfer with your "Dad," and then you get your follow up trainer, your "Mom." He's done a really good job, although he's really struggles with health troubles here.  I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I'm sure it'll all be great!


 
We had a great, though relatively normal week this past week. We really saw how the Lord blesses us when we do all we can within a given bound; we didn't do hardly any Declaring this week because Elder V's had a hard time walking about, (I think we talked to 2 people)  But regardless, we have 4 new investigators, which is more then the entire time since I got here! One of them had a shirt with Gaara on it, which was cool because I was able to talk a bit about that and break the ice. I thought I'd share that for Brittney; she knows who I'm talking about.

Remember Fusi? Cute kid in the Iron man suit? We went to his birthday party yesterday, and it was great! The older brother and sister have really grown to love us, and man, we'll miss them if we get transferred out!  Their dad tells tons of stories, and he's a seriously spiritual chief! Most of what he says is in Samoan, though, and his daughter-in-law has to translate for us. He's told us that even if we forget him, he'll never forget us, and he wants us to visit him in Samoa sometime. (If only! If I make that kinda money I'll visit everyone I meet out here!) At any rate, we're dropping by sometime today to play the guitar and piano, sing Samoan songs, and hang out for our p-day activity. I'm gonna get seriously outclassed- he has recorded CD's being sold out in Samoa, and Elder V was a Bolivian Rock Star before he came out here!

We also visited for a part member family's birthday party, and MAN it was nuts! We didn't stay long, because Latino parties get pretty crazy pretty quick. I did eat Tacos de lengua (cow tongue) for the first time there, though. They were okay, but I think I'd like to stick with the regular beef, if it's all the same.

There's not much else I can think to write of just now, just a weird sensation I had the other day. We were driving down a dirt road and Elder V rolled down the window and said "Hey listen; that's what it's like driving in MY country!" when I heard that noise though, I thought of riding in Grandpa's truck out to his farm; and the weirdest thing happened! I felt like I wanted to do that! Before that, if someone had asked me about farming, I'd have said NO WAY! I'd be bored to death! I'd never be able to do a menial, simple job like that! But now I'm not so sure. After all, the most important Man in the world was a carpenter for most of His life. Honestly the only problem I'd have with being a farmer now is the plain and simple fact that I wouldn't know what I was doing. :P At any rate, we'll see what happens. Fortunately I don't have to worry about it for quite some time.

One more thing; Mom needs to look up William Joseph's music for you guys. He's pretty awesome!

So that's my thoughts for the week; it was a rather uneventful week, but they happen. I love you all, stay safe, and more importantly, stay strong! You can do it!

Love, Elder Matthew Clough